Pani Puri is one of the most famous snacks in India. Also popularly, known as Golgappa (Puchka) in the Northern parts of India, this is one snack which no one hates and everyone craves more for it. It is basically a combination of potatoes, onions, chickpeas and coriander sauce drenched together in sour and spicy mint water. Although you can get some lip smacking Pani Puri anywhere in the Indian markets, but you can easily make it yourself at your home as well. You only require a few ingredients and some medium level cooking skills to prepare this great snack at your home. Here we have provided a step by step guide to teach our readers how to make Pani Puri and to make them aware of the Pani Puri recipe.
Preparing the Pani/Mint Water of Pani Puri
Making pani is the first step in this recipe to make Pani Puri. To begin, you need to rinse some coriander and mint leaves and add them along with ginger and lemon juice in a grinder jar.
- Grind until a smooth paste is ready. You can also add some water if required.
- After that, take it out in a large bowl and add black pepper, chaat masala and four cups of water to it. Stir it properly and add salt as per your taste.
- You can also add boondi to it.
- Store it in the refrigerator for around an hour and hence your first step in the golgappa recipe is complete with the preparation of pani.
Method to Prepare Puri (Golgappe)
This is the only difficult part in the preparation of Pani Puri which requires some time as well. People are always confused about how to make puri for Pani Puri. To begin, you need to take some semolina, baking powder, maida and a pinch of salt in a jar with a wide mouth.
- Mix the ingredients listed above thoroughly after adding blind stiff dough and some water in incremental quantities.
- Cover it with a damp cloth thereafter. Then keep the bowl and the mixture in it aside for an approximate time of around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cloth thereafter and knead the mixture again to make it smooth in texture. Divide it into 4 equal portions and give each portion a round shape. Roll it flat into a rolling board thereafter.
- Cut it further into small round shaped puris by using a round shaped cutter. You can also use bottle lid or a small katori for this purpose. The remaining dough can again be mixed and cut to make some more puris.
- Deep fry the puris in oil in a frying pan and take them out when they become of golden color. Let them cool down and there you have your crispy puris ready to be eaten along with the pani, completing the second step of the recipe to make golgappa.
Method to Prepare Masala
- To make Pani Puri masala, you need to take some boiled black chana and potatoes and mash them together with red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, chaat masala powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix them together thoroughly. Your masala is ready and store them in a bowl to be later filled in the puri. Hence the final step of golgappa making recipe is done. Now put the masala in the puris. Dip them and fill them with the water. And enjoy your tasty Pani Puris.
Now, get ready to taste the mouth-watering Indian snack that is popular throughout the country and might have brought cravings to your mouth till now.