How to make Pizza Base at Home – Step by Step Recipe
Pizza can easily be described as the world’s most popular and favorite dish. Everyone loves to eat Pizza and that is why a number of Pizza Restaurants open every day. Not just in any specific country or region, but Pizza has a worldwide following and liking as well. Although you can have as much pizza as you want in any of your nearby restaurants, but Pizza can be easily prepared at your home as well and there is no need to spend all that extra money in eating one from outside. You also get to customize it according to your choices like adding various different kinds of toppings which you generally may not find at any other place, or by adding an extra amount of cheese and hence have an awesome meal for yourself.
Ingredients Required to Make Pizza Base at Home
The pizza base is readily available in stores these days, but the freshness and the taste of a homemade pizza base are unmatched. Plus it is one very simple task to do as well. You barely have to do any work and within a few minutes, your pizza base can be ready. So let us tell you how to make pizza base at home. The ingredients which you are going to require preparing Pizza base are as follows –
- 2 cups plain flour, also known as maida, both for the dish and for rolling later on
- 1 tsp of dry yeast
- 1 tbsp of olive oil, both for the dish and for kneading
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Salt according to your taste
Time Required – For making 3 Pizza bases, you require 2 minutes of preparation time and 10 minutes of baking time.
Method to make Pizza Base at Home – A Complete Recipe
- To make pizza base at home, you need to begin by combining 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast. Combine them in a small bowl and ensure that you mix them well.
- Now continue to make pizza base by covering the bowl with a lid. Keep the lid aside for 5 minutes. After that, you need to take a deep bowl and combine the plain flour, the mixture of yeast and water, olive oil, and some sugar along with some salt in the bowl. Use some more water and knead the mixture into soft dough.
- To make the dough good enough for making the pizza base, you need to cover it up with a wet muslin cloth. Then keep it aside for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the air from the dough by pressing it lightly and then divide it into 3 equal portions. Make three balls and roll them flat in equal diameter. You can also use a fork or a knife to ensure that all three portions are equal in diameter. Do make sure that while you are rolling the dough, the other two portions are covered with a muslin cloth so that they don’t dry out.
- Now the major work is done. You just need to place the 3 pizza bases on a baking tray or a microwave oven and bake at 180°c, which is around 360°f for around 5 minutes.
Now your pizza base is ready. Add toppings, cook it and make pizza according to your choice. It is clear how to make pizza base. Now you can make pizza and enjoy a great pizza at your home anytime.