Cakes have always been a mouth-watering delight and our favorite among most delicacies. Butterscotch, Chocolate, Black Forest, etc. are the different flavours that leave us with an awesome finger-licking taste and an urge to try it at home. If you too are taken away by the unparalleled taste of soft and spongy Butterscotch cakes, here’s a detailed article on the step by step recipe of Butterscotch cake.
The Yummy Butterscotch Cakes
Butterscotch cakes are marvelously soft with a taste that will linger in your mouth for weeks. It’s baking method and ingredients are pretty easily available and quick to make Butterscotch cake at home. You can serve your guests with this delightful delicacy and master the skill of impressing buddies. Try out these simple steps of preparation of baking a soft and plumpy Butterscotch cake.
Ingredients to Make Butterscotch Cake
Butterscotch cakes have a plethora of simple ingredients that can be easily picked from shops but the brilliance lies in adding the flavours of Butter and Pineapple in it. They can be made with eggs or even eggless depends on your style of preparation. Here is the list of ingredients for homemade Butterscotch cake for both egg and eggless baking to serve in evening parties!
Egged Butterscotch Cake Recipe
- Take 1-1/2 cup of flour or Maida.
- Take 1 tsp. of Baking Soda, 1/4th tsp. of salt.
- Keep 1/4th cup of Cocoa powder for the taste.
- For Egg cakes, take 2 eggs and keep them aside.
- You will also need ½ cup Milk, ½ cup of Sugar, 1/4th cup of Butter and 1 tsp. of Pineapple essence.
To prepare the frost you would need some additional ingredients that are pretty indispensable in the Butterscotch cake recipe, as listed below:
- Take 2 cups of heavy cream.
- 1/4th cup of heavy Chocolate and 1 cup of icing Sugar.
- 1 tsp. of Coffee powder dissolved in 1 tsp. of water.
- 1-1/2 tsp. of Butterscotch essence.
- 3 tbsp. of water and 3 tbsp. of Sugar powder.
- 2 tbsp. of Cocoa powder and some Chocolate Rolls for decoration.
Method of Preparation for Egged Butterscotch Cakes
Here are simple cooking lessons on how to cook Butterscotch cake and add the Choco taste to it as an add-on.
- Take the flour and mix it with Baking Powder, Salt and Cocoa Powder in a bowl. Now break the egg in a separate bowl and add Milk, Sugar, Pineapple essence and Butter in it.
- Keep battering the mixture until the Sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the liquid Egg and Milk combination with the flour mix and mix them well.
- Now grease the pan with Butter and dust it slightly with flour. Empty the bake batter in the pan and bake it in a pre-heater oven for over half an hour at 170 C.
- After 30 minutes, take the cake out and keep it for cooling and invert in on a plate.
- Now heat the Chocolate for a minute and mix it well to get a smooth layer.
- Take 1 cup of cream and this smooth Chocolate and mix with Cocoa powder and 1/4th cup of icing sugar. Also mix the ½ tsp. of Butterscotch essence and beat the mixture till it forms a light foam-like mixture.
- The Choco cream is now ready for frosting so let’s move ahead with the Coffee cream and Coffee syrup.
- Combine 1 cup of cream with icing Sugar and 1/2 tsp. of Butterscotch essence and mix the 1 tsp. of coffee powder which was dissolved in water.
- Mix them well till it forms peaks of foam.Frosting preparation and icing adds to the creamy taste in Butterscotch cake making recipes
Coffee Syrup Preparation
You are almost done with the steps to prepare Butterscotch cake. Prepare this Choco-syrup for a fabulous Chocolaty taste and as a topping.
- Take 3 tbsp. of water and add 3 tbsp. of powdered sugar in it with ½ tsp. of Butterscotch essence and ½ tsp. of Coffee powder.
- Mix the well and cut the cooled cake into 2 horizontal halves.
- Soak the cake in the coffee syrup and sandwich it with Choco-cream. Put the half part of the cooled cake on the cream and press it with your palm for it to stick to each other.
- Now spread the Coffee cream evenly on the top and cover it all sides with cream. You can decorate the cake with Chocolate Syrup and rolls Choco Chips too.
- Freeze the cake for another 30 minutes for the cream to set and then serve to relish the unparalleled taste of Butterscotch cake with Choco Syrup!
Eggless Butterscotch Cake Recipe
The ingredients and methods of preparation are pretty same for Eggless Butterscotch cake recipe for some minor differences.
- Mix 1 and ½ cup of Maida with 1 tsp. of Baking Powder and ½ cup of Butterscotch chips.
- Also take 1 cup of sugar and 1/8th cup of oil. Mix them with 1/8th cup of melted Butter and 1 tsp. of Butter. Add ½ cup of water and mix them well.
- Also mix ½ cup of thick Curd and 1 tbsp. of Vinegar and ½ tsp. of Baking Soda and keep them ready. The method of preparation is same and you just have to coat the Choco-chips with 1 tsp. of Maida and beat the mixtures till no lumps are formed.
You can also check the videos and cooking tips while preparing these Butterscotch cakes to get the perfect idea of baking. So get the ingredients right away and start baking some awesome delicious Butterscotch cakes and top it well either with Choco-chips or Choco-syrup!